Click on a link in a secure site, am sent back to log in page??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angielucee, Feb 16, 2009.

1. angielucee

angielucee Private E-2

Hi,

When I log into a site like Ebay, or my online banking, i.e. a secure login, I am allowed in, but, when I click on a link, I am immediately sent back to the log in page. Underneath, there is a "blank" page. I am running Vista Home Premium. I use my online banking all the time, and am anxious to get this sorted. Can anyone help?
    Many thanks
    Angie. PS. This is my first post, so maybe I haven't explained very well. Apologies.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hmm, look at the url and see if anything strange. You may be being phished for your log-in details. I would call the bank and ask them what the address of the log in page should be. Might not be the issue but I would be very careful with any change in behaviour of banking sites unless they tell you first.

3. angielucee

angielucee Private E-2

Hi,

Yes, I have been worried about that. I have re-entered my details on the banking site, but I no longer do so. When I am bounced back to the log in page, i come offline. But this means I can't access my bank.

It also happens with Ebay, though after a few tries, I manage to stay on there, but again, this could be phishing.

I have good security. I have the paid for version of AVG 8 security suite, which is supposed to make sure that you don't click on any dangerous links. I must admit, I did "mess about" with the "tools" option in Internet Explorer, though I can't remember exactly what I did. I'm wondering if this is the answer.

Thanks for your reply.

Angielucee.

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

have you tried to reset IE options to default on the tools page?

5. angielucee

angielucee Private E-2

Hi Bugabear,

I have done just as you suggested, and all is working fine now!

Many thanks for your time.

Angielucee.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds