setopbox to disc

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by crazykat, Jan 19, 2014.

1. crazykat

crazykat Private E-2

Hi, sorry this isnt a reply ive been all over the place trying to figure out how to put a post up for a question and im not quite sure which forum to go in... Help pls

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Re: Completely Off Topic

Depends on what type of question you have.
    Most likely, you'll want either Software or Hardware forum.

Think of a brief descriptive title for you thread and then click the New Thread button at the top of the topic lists.

Describe what problem you are having and what you are using (OS version and software, hardware if appropriate).

3. crazykat

crazykat Private E-2

:-oHi im abit stuck, i cant remember how to post a question without starting a new thread(unless this is exactly wat i had to do). Im trying to figure out how to get a show i taped on my setopbox hardrive onto a disc, ive copied it onto my external but just cant figure out how to get it on disc. Thanks.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

If you are trying to post a reply to an existing thread, just hit the 'Post Reply' button within the existing thread.

If you have a question, though, you should always start your own thread rather than post a question in someone else's help thread.

Also, I've moved both posts from the Lounge in an old thread to here. Please don't post the same question multiple times.

For the topic you are asking about you should post in the Software Forum: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  5. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Sorry mods for replying to a help thread in the welcome center!

Your best bet would be to buy something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Dazzle-Video-...id=1390277391&sr=1-2&keywords=pinnacle+dazzle

With this, you can plug you set top box into your computer and record the output. This method isn't perfect, but it's the only one I can think of. The major drawback to this is the transfer will be in realtime, because you are recording it as it's playing.

Hope this was of help to you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds