Laptop Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marlene3369, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

Hi Guys,I have a question for you,my little brother just bought a new replacement battery for his laptop ( Li-Lon DP390A ). We know the procedure to charging a new battery,the question is how long should he keep the battery charger plugged in when charging that new one. That battery came up to full charge in an hour but I have read that you should charge it for at least 4 hrs.

HP ZV5000 Laptop
    ( we checked out the old battery,its not on the Recall list at HP )

Hugs,
    Marlene

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not really noticed much difference when using a new battery from the time it fully charges to leaving it for a full 4hrs, but I do follow the reset procedures each 3 months to reset the charge status, BUT it cannot hurt to leave it plugged into the mains for a few more hours. I do however after first charge let the battery fully exhaust before charging again.

some battery care info
    http://h20239.www2.hp.com/techcenter/battery/index.htm

3. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

Thank you Halo,and also thank you for the attached site.
    Marlene,
    Hugsssssssss

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds