viewing/writing to NTFS partition Fedora Linux

Discussion in 'Software' started by mecroneo, Dec 23, 2003.

1. mecroneo

mecroneo Private E-2

well the name bassically asks the question, im not quite sure how to view other partitions/hard disks in fedora, can any one tell me how to view them?

2. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

You can't write to NTFS, you can view it by 'mount'ing it, you can view what partitions and their types by executing 'fdisk -l' as root. Otherwise after you mounted it (syntax mount /dev/PARTITION /mnt) and its not NTFS you can just move stuff into /mnt, you can read from NTFS though.

3. mecroneo

mecroneo Private E-2

Is there a type of format that windows and linux can both read/write to?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

FAT and FAT32 I believe

5. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

Yes, FAT and FAT32 work, you can also read (and possibly write(Never had the need)) to ext2 from windows using a program that I have forgotten the name of, I'll try to dig it up later tonight when I ahve time.

6. Philipp

Philipp Administrator Staff Member

7. mecroneo

mecroneo Private E-2

thank you all for all these suggestions :) i'ed be lost without all you geeks ;)

8. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

FYI the program is called explore2fs to read/view(possible write) to ext2 partitions from windows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds