downloading in majorgeeks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ferg46, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ferg46

ferg46 Private First Class

hey guys
    i love this site and just wanted to see if any other members thought it would be a good idea for members to leave comments/posts about a programme after they download it so as to give more info to the next interested mj, just thought id throw it out there see how ye feel about it:)

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Comments on downloads could get outta hand, IMHO. :) Good idea, though member only comments might be helpful. Doubtful. :(

BigBazza like to make new threads commenting about new updates or new programs s/he likes. Then others sometimes comment on them, afterwards.

3. ferg46

good stuff,
    didnt know big bazza posted about programmes but im sure his/hers words are of wisdom are worth checking out :) cheers

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

We would never allow it, of course the forums are here for you :) We debated adding ratings for years. After all, you dont know why someone rated a program poorly.

Read any website that allows comments. You cant find a mature group anywhere :(

Allow me to quote.... well me..

"The greatest thing about the internet is everyone has a voice.
    The worst thing about the internet is everyone has a voice."

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

P.S Our gaming site does allow comments and will on relaunch, though it is geared more for reviews. Majorgeeks has gotten too big for 2 guys to delete silly comment threads is another reason we dont :)

6. ferg46

ok , makes sense now
    just wanted to see what some others thought thanks for replys :)

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

BTW folks I'm a guy. ;) Bazza is 'strine for Barry :D

None of this he/she PC business. :D
    I'm 6'6" and around 230 pounds.
    Never seen a lady that tall, although I once dated a 6'4" tall lady.

A guide to 'strine (or Australian slang) can be found at http://www.abc.net.au/civics/globalcitizens/ozstrine.htm
    for you non-Aussies. :D

As for reviews, I sometimes list programs that I find on the front page of www.majorgeeks.com that may be of interest to fellow MG'ers.
    I don't always try them myself, just list them.

BTW, a sort of review for each MG program is the vote box (from 1-5 vote range)

For Example http://www.majorgeeks.com/MemInfo_d5308.html

has Rating: 2.5 (2 votes)
    1. Bad 2. Not Geeky 3. Average 4. Good 5. Geek-o-licious

Two votes, but with a rating of 2.5.

Don't think I'll try that one, when compared with

FreeRamXP Pro (for all Win OS's, not just XP)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1670

Rating: 4.77 (362 votes)
    1. Bad 2. Not Geeky 3. Average 4. Good 5. Geek-o-licious

A rating of 4.77 out of a possible 5, and 362 votes. I'd rate it a 5, myself

Bazza

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds