msvcr100.dll is missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by lige, May 4, 2012.

1. lige

lige Private E-2

I am using windows7 and I recently downloaded a PC game and when I tried to play it I got a system error pop-up. It says," The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the issue." I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it didn't solve my problem.
    This PC is only three weeks old. I don't know enough about them to make changes so I don't think I caused the problem. I DL and play a lot of games. This is the only game that is giving me this error. (Hoyle games 2012) I have checked windows for updates and I'm current.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I have been all over the internet but all I'm finding is sales pitches!! Help!

This is my first post here. I hope I posted in the correct forum.
    thanks, Lige

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its quite possible you are missing Visual C++ Redistrubutable or an update, so for the update part run Windows update to check.

But you could try installing one of the below

MS Visual C++ 2010 for x86
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

MS Visual C++ 2010 for x64
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632

But to be honest for compatability install both if you have a x64 version of Windows 7 if you have the 32bit (x86) version then only install that version as you dont need to t64bit one.

3. lige

lige Private E-2

DavidGP,
    I do have a 64bit Win 7 PC. When I checked my installed programs the 64bit visual program wasn't listed but the 32 bit one was. I installed the 64bit program and then I got a pop-up that said my 32 bit one needed to be repaired. I clicked on okay to repair it and everything appears normal now. I'm sure that will solve my problem since it was missing. I'll know for sure . . . if I can just remember what game I was trying to load!!
    I do appreciate all of your help! Thank you very much,
    Ligep
    p.s. oops! I just noticed in my first post what game I was trying to play. I'm off to DL now. (It's no fun getting old but considering the alternatives, it's not all bad!)

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. lige

lige Private E-2

Okay, just a quick follow up to let you know that did solve my problem DavidGP.
    Thanks again!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds