compaq nx6110 not charging battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by toadman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. toadman

toadman Private E-2

Howdy,

I have a hp (compaq nx6110) that will not charge the battery. I checked out what posts I could find here and I did what I could, but no change.

It runs fine when plugged in, but does not recognize the battery (in the power manager). I have tried a new battery with no avail. When turned off, the charging light will come on when the cable is plugged in, but then shuts of after approx. 30 seconds. Also, I have tried flashing the bios.

So I have eliminated the power inverter, flashing bios, and the batteries as the problem. Is there anything else I can do? Does this only leave a bad motherboard?

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Have you tried cleaning the battery connectors? On the motherboard, not on the battery. Q-tip and rubbing alcohol, and lots of patient.

3. toadman

toadman Private E-2

Nope, I haven't tried that I will give it a try, thanks!

4. sebacam

sebacam Private E-2

hello,
    I have the same problem, with the same notebook....I took a new battery, but it's not a battery problems...I've tried to clean the pc connectors, but it's the same...Have you solved this weird problem???

5. toadman

toadman Private E-2

Well, I believe the charging circuit on the motherboard is toast. This is bad because the only fix is board-level repair, or replace the mboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds