Reset IP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tlledet, Nov 27, 2005.

1. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

My PC is running windows me. Im using DSL which first goes through Linksys-G wireless router. I use wireless for my home laptops. I have AVAST and ZA for virus and firewall.
    My problem is that frequently I have to go to Start, Run, command,winipcfg to reset ip so that I can use firefox as my web browser. Most of the time, I can't connect to the internet unless I release and reset all IP addresses. Any hints as to what I can do to avoid this problem? Thanks!

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

Sure, whack ME and install XP. haha. No really, ME is a peculular OS. It runs on an experimental Kernel so to speak like no other OS made by M$. Not many people have delved into all the issues with it because it was soooo buggy. You could try and see if M$ still supports it on the site and download updates. See if your NIC card Manufacturer has an updated driver. Worst case scenario is create a batch file, put in on your desktop and run it when needed. Though thats just a bandaid. You should really look into getting away from a Fat32 OS, and upgrading to NTFS be is 2000, XP.

Sorry for not being able to solve the Problem but when here ME I just cringe.

3. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Yep, that's about all I've heard when it comes to ME. I think I'll take your advice and load XP. So, thanks for your tactful reply!

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

This problem can still exist in XP. I know this ah...cause we stil run it on one machine here. I'd look into updated wireless NIC drivers first.

5. Slurpee

Slurpee Private E-2

this could also be a problem in your ISPs end.....

If you load XP and still have same problem. Call you ISP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds