HELP PLEASE !!!: Comodo FW, & Comodo BOClean will not load for all users at startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by dasii99, Jan 11, 2009.

1. dasii99

dasii99 Private E-2

Windows XP: Avast Home Addtion, Comodo FW, & Comodo BOClean will not load for all users at startup . Was working for all users (there are 3, 2 with admin rights and 1 with limited rights). Need help.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Re: HELP PLEASE !!!: Comodo FW, & Comodo BOClean will not load for all users at start

Are you saying it was working before and now for some reason it doesn't work anymore at startup. for all users.

Is it still installed on the 2nd and 3rd user

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Re: HELP PLEASE !!!: Comodo FW, & Comodo BOClean will not load for all users at start

1. Check settings in Comodo via primary Admin account
    2. Run Diagnostic

I don't use BOClean, but check that it's not in "Sleuth mode" not sure if this will hide the firewall icon from users.

Are cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe running in processes on the accounts?

4. dasii99

dasii99 Private E-2

I ran Diag and everything is fine. I installed all three Comodo, COMODO BOClean, & Avast logged in as me (admin Windows XP SP2). The other users - one is also an admin and one is a limited account. I did not do anything special during the installs (did the same on my other desktop computer and it runs at startup for all users (same users and rights).

In my other posting before X-mas another gentlemen suggest that I run something associated with my registry,etc. However, I was traveling and did not have the time and now the thread is gone.

Please advise.

Thank you

5. Cat_w_9_lives

Please look at the accounts and see if...

6. dasii99

dasii99 Private E-2

Are cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe running in processes on the accounts are NOT running on the other accounts

7. Cat_w_9_lives

Could be that you didn't install from the primary account, check run for all users or software is blocking on the other accts.

Try this, create a shortcut to the Comodo "cfp.exe" file and drag & drop shortcut into the all users startup folder or just put shortcut in the non working users startup folder... not sure if Comodo will try to load twice on the working acct.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Example on how to do so:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/hwandprograms/autorun.mspx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds