remotely accessing my other computers built in web cam from another of my computers

Discussion in 'Software' started by cschamber, Dec 18, 2009.

1. cschamber

cschamber Private E-2

hello, first i would like to say i love your forums they are a wealth of info. my question is not illegal or dealing with illegal activities, and furthermore i do not endorse hacking, cracking, freaking, or illegal mod's. that being said i have recently become in need of using my acer laptop's built in webcam and mic for home surveillance, and being able to monitor it from my dell laptop while i am away at work ( i am a merchant marine so i work away from home for long periods of time) is it possible to do so either covertly on or knowingly do my wife. i would be forever grateful for any information you can give me related to this. or for a finger pointed in the right direction.

thank you for your time.

cschamber

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Re: remotely accessing my other computers built in web cam from another of my compute

First off you really should endorse 'hacking' without it we'd be in the stone age. But that being said the only free program that gives you that much control is Back Oriface. But if you want to go above board ;) there is WebCam XP from http://www.webcamxp.com/home.aspx
    It has a built in webserver and can stream audio & video. I have set up several cams, my girlfriends kid is a criminal so we monitor her place. I like IP based cams the best, like AirLink, etc.

3. cschamber

cschamber Private E-2

Re: remotely accessing my other computers built in web cam from another of my compute

thank you very much for the information so far, and i will definitely be checking on the programs you have listed so far, as for Back Oriface can you send me a link to a clean copy of that program so that i can also check on it. again thank you very much for your time and information. and you are correct foogoo hackers are programing genius's that without we wouldn't even have our first computer, but majority of people who hear "hackers" get the wrong idea from the get-go and think destructive and illegal. that does not start for a very productive forum thread.
    again thank you for your wealth of information and time. and i welcome more ideas if anyone has something original of constructive to add to this thread. have a great day.

cschamber

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sorry no links will be provided for the BO trojan (sorry that is what it is).

Its not something we endorse, or want to be messing with here.

5. cschamber

cschamber Private E-2

I'm sorry i took so long to reply as my job takes me far out of internet signal at times. and thank you for telling me BO is an illegal program before i searched it out, ill make sure ill avoid it. ill try the other programs that you have mentioned

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds