Blue Screen of Death While Computer Isn't Even Being Used

Discussion in 'Software' started by saabinmash, Dec 29, 2010.

1. saabinmash

saabinmash Private E-2

I apologize for all of my threads being this same issue, but it seems whenever I solve the issue on one machine, it crops up again on another.

I believe I fixed this issue on an Asus laptop after updating the out of date BIOS. That may be the issue here because this current problem machine also has an outdated BIOS. But i am always apprehensive about that update, so I would like to rule other other possibility first.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Intel core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
    4GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

The first BSOD memory dump happened when using itunes, the other 2 happened when the computer was on but nobody was even using it. Firefox was probably open, that's all.

The graphics card is up to date.

Any idea what it could be based on the dump files?
    Thank you for your time!

Attached Files:

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

First, I would go to the PC or motherboard mfr's support site to read what issues the updated BIOS fixes. If one or more of the items listed are similar to the message displayed in the BSOD, I would download/install the BIOS update and see if it solves the problem.

Next, did you make any major changes to the PC (overclocking, changing BIOS settings, adding or upgrading memory, etc.) in the weeks prior to the BSOD issues?

If you've recently tweaked any BIOS settings or are overclocking, reset the BIOS to factory defaults. If you've added memory, remove the new RAM and see if the problem persists with only the stock/original memory. If so, it may be a sign the new RAM is either defective or doesn't play nice with your specific motherboard.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds