M2N68-LA (Narra3)

Discussion in 'Software' started by jasonjersey2011, May 18, 2012.

1. jasonjersey2011

jasonjersey2011 Private E-2

Hi I have a pc detailed as below. It came with vista but It went bad and so I am currently installing xp on it but cant find the drivers because hp don't believe in xp anymore :cry Please can somebody help me, this is the first time ive posted here so please advise if I am doing it right.

many thanks

HP-Pavilion KP307AA-ABU a6430.uk
    System Serial Number: CZH81802WP
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.30 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Not hyper-threaded Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. NARRA3 3.02
    Serial Number: MS7C84RY0102993
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.11 04/15
    LogMeIn Mirror Driver [Display adapter]
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT [Display adapter]
    Multimedia
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200 (Model 71xxx, Hybrid DVB-T, No FP)
    Realtek High Definition Audio

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

This is also my first post in the Drivers forum.

I have recently installed several XP systems, both English and Japanese versions. Each of them had some devices not working correctly, and I needed to find drivers.

First thing I did was make sure that SP3 was installed; SP3 knows a lot more devices than earlier XP versions.

I then opened Device Manager to see what devices are working correctly, and which ones needed drivers.

Obviously the first ones you want to be working correctly are the
    • network adapter
    • display adapter
    If you know what these are, you can download the drivers directly from the manufacturers, e.g. your NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-296.10-whql-driver.html

After this you may still have some unknown drivers. I downloaded DriverMax (a useful tool that I have successfully used for many years). It helps to identify unknown devices, and suggests drivers for them.

P.S. the free version of DriverMax allows two driver downloads per day, so make your choices wisely - what drivers you need most urgent.

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major

you must follow this path !! :wave

Start - Run type this mmc devmgmt.msc - Ok - right click to yellow device - Properties - Details - scroll down the arrow finding Hardware ids - there is a code in the box , we need it ( select all - copy - paste ) the code here

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Here are the specs for your motherboard.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...egory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3710788#N245

You have a nforce430 chipset with a integrated 6150SE graphics chip. In your specs you list a GeForce 8500 GT. Did you add a separate video card?

The Lan driver is part of the nforce430 chipset. You can download it here.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_430_410_winxp32_8.26.html

In order for the HD audio to work, you should upgrade to XP SP3 if you have not already done so.

Here is your Audio driver.

http://majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html

This should get you internet and sound. Then follow falconattack's directions and provide the Vendor and Device ID's.

5. jasonjersey2011

wow, thank you all for the replies....

will try these suggestions and be back

once again thank you

6. jasonjersey2011

Hi ,

THis forum has been fantastic! I am really grateful for of the advice you kind people have given me.

I just have one more little issue though and would be most appreciative of any help...

I can't get the usb 2.0 working on it , everytime i plug something in it says "this device would work much quicker if you pluggged it in to a hi-speed usb port."

I am noticing a very slow data exchange between my external hard drives and the pc ...

all help sarcastic or otherwise gratefully received..

7. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds