instant messaging

Discussion in 'Software' started by pougdo, Jul 15, 2004.

1. pougdo

pougdo Private E-2

Can anyone tell me how to recover an instant message session. My son and daughter are fighting. My son has accused my daughter of using foul language to his friends and impersonating herself as him.
    I know there is software that can recover a chat session, but I can't find it.
    We use AIM for instant messaging.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Not unless you have a client program that has a logging feature. Some chat clients do, some don't. I don't think AIM does. If you were using a multiple chat program like Trillian, AIM sessions could be logged (but they could also be altered or erased, too).

3. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yes, AIM doesn't record chat conversations. Although if you are in one you have the option to save it via File-->Save Conversation. But other than that there is no way. But like he said also, you can download several different "progz" for aim that will record chat and IM convos. Some examples are; AIM+ and DeadAIM.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds