Audio problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by BBAndy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. BBAndy

BBAndy Private E-2

HI

I have a problem with my sound card, and I am not that good at PC:-o

Just bought a new PC and managed to install all drivers except the Sound one. I will try to post the details of my PC here.

Motherboard: INTEL G31+ICH7, Skt 775, FSB 1600MHz, 2*DDR2 800/667 Dual Ch up to 4GB, 1*PCI-Ex16/1*PCI-Ex1/2*PCI, VGA on board(max 384MB shared), 6CH Premium Level HD AUDIO, LAN, 1*ATA/ 4*SATA II 3.0 Gb/s, 8 USB2.0, Energy Saver, mATX

Sound: ON BOARD Sound 6-CH(HD)

I've installed Windows XP, SP2.

The driver on the cd they gave me to install is Realtek Audio Driver R2.08.

Please help me or tell me what details do you need to help.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

We really could have used the make/model of the motherboard to be sure that the audio is indeed RealTek. It's possible the CD 'they gave you' has the wrong driver on it. Anyway- assuming the motherboard does indeed have the RealTek audio chip, here's what we do: first uninstall any sound driver you may have already installed and reboot the PC when that's done. If the Hardware Wizard opens upon rebooting to the desktop, just cancel it. Then install your chipset drivers. You can download them from this link. Restart the PC when this install is done. Then install the Microsoft UAA High-Def Audio Update, also known as KB888111. You can download it from this direct link. When this is installed, the Hardware Wizard typically opens up because KB888111 kind of 'activates' the on board HD audio, so just cancel the Hardware Wizard again. Now install your sound drivers. The RealTek HD driver can be downloaded from this link. Again, restart the PC when the sound drivers have been installed. That should do it!!! Be sure the speakers are plugged into the green port on the back of the PC. If you have any questions, or if you run into problems, feel free to post....
    :-D

[dlb]

3. BBAndy

BBAndy Private E-2

I've managed to solve the problem by installing service pack 3. Anyway, thank you for the help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds