Audio problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hrlow2, Mar 28, 2009.

1. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

On my machine( Gateway E4100, D865GLC motherboard ) has no audio output from the onboard plug. Cannot install or update drivers because I get the message that the device was not found.
    Purchased a PCI plugin sound card thinkink that would do it. WRONG. Still get the same message.
    Device Manager has yellow triangles for it and my Ethernet adapter(another story) but can do nothing.
    Suggestions,anyone.:confused

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Try going into BIOS and disabling, reboot and reenabling?

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Been there, tried that also.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Went to first link provided and downloaded all files mentioned. Saving until confirmation on board ID.My board is la Crosse, which is not one of the names mentioned.
    Board in link 2 looks like mine.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You might want to fire up Belarc Advisor and Everest. Sometimes they can identify things so you can be sure of what you have.
    I print out a report for every computer I own so I can grab the printout and refresh my memory as to what is actually in the case.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds