Can’t load rtl70.bpl

Discussion in 'Software' started by Trevina, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Hi folks,

When I try to delete a favorite, rename etc or to view > source, I get this error message

Can’t load rtl70.bpl

How do I sort this out? I have tried various registry fix software. Nothing is working.

The error also keeps coming when I right click to delete anything on dsktop.

Please help.

Trevina.

2. star17

star17 MajorGeek

That's a Borland Delphi 7 runtime library file; do you use programs from Delphi or have recently downloaded some type of image converter?

3. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

I do not know anything to do with Delphi but I may have recently downloaded some type of image converter.

I am unable to restore the computer to a time before the problem began.

4. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Perform a search on your computer for files ending in .bpl (include the period), and post the list it finds; perhaps we can track down what program is causing it by what folder is using it.

It should look something like this:

Directory of C:\Program Files\X-Setup Pro\bin

DCXSPR~1 BPL 206,848 04-16-04 8:09p dcXSPRuntime.bpl
    DESIGN~1 BPL 625,152 08-09-02 5:00p designide70.bpl
    RTL70 BPL 778,240 08-09-02 5:00p rtl70.bpl
    VCL70 BPL 1,381,376 08-09-02 5:00p vcl70.bpl
    VCLACT~1 BPL 276,480 08-09-02 5:00p vclactnband70.bpl
    VCLX70 BPL 215,040 08-09-02 5:00p vclx70.bpl
    6 file(s) 3,483,136 bytes

5. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

It said...

Search is complete. There are no results to display.

??

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Let's try this: open Notepad, copy/paste the following into a new text file, and save it as findfile.bat to your desktop

dir c:\*.bpl /s > files.txt
    notepad files.txt

Locate the findfile.bat and double-click it. Ity should open notepad with some text in it. If so, copy/paste it here.

If it returns empty text, run a registry cleaner and see if it deletes a bad entry for that file. Make sure you have your reg cleaner set to make an automatic backup.

7. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Hope I did it right. This is what came up on notepad:

Volume in drive C is VAIO
    Volume Serial Number is D489-679F

Does not seem right?

8. star17

star17 MajorGeek

That's all the text it posted? It should look like my post #4 above, with the program information under the drive info. Reopen the file again, it's searching your system and sometimes takes a few minutes.

9. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

That is all it posted. Give me a moment. I will do it again.

10. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Should I give it longer? It is still giving me the same info. That is

Volume in drive C is VAIO
    Volume Serial Number is D489-679F

Nothing more!

11. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Nope, that's more than long enough; I'm thinking you had a program installed that used that .bpl file, uninstalled it and it left some junk behind.

Do you have a registry cleaner installed? If so, have you run it lately? An unused entry like that would likely be removed with a decent reg cleaner.

If you don't have one installed, I use and recommend this one:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2579

Make sure you have any registry cleaner set to make a backup before using.

~edit~ Check this link; do you or ahve you had any of the programs listed installed at one time?

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=BPL

12. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Thanks for your help. Yes, I have a registry cleaner and have tried various ones over the last week.

I will try the one you recommend and post the results here.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Trevina.

13. star17

star17 MajorGeek

No problem; don't sweat it, we'll track it down :)

14. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

15. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Okay, let us know what happens after your run a registry cleaner and we'll go from there.

16. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

I run the registry cleaner and the problem still persists!

17. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I agree with Star17, you must have installed some kind of Image Converter that has added something to the right-click menu, a bad context menu handler.

Download this file http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=19616, unzip it and follow the prompts. This is an installer that will put three files, rtl70.bpl, vcl70.bpl, and vclx70.bpl, in your System directory. These files are needed for programs built with Delphi 7.

That should solve your issue and maybe the program that was causing it will be listed on the right-click option.

Let us know.

Steve

18. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Well, I followed your directions Matacumbie. After unzipping it, I followed the prompts though am not sure if the last step was executed.

Now the error message is:

Can’t load PKIECtr7.bpl

I am not sure if am now better off, badly off or just there. The message appears when I attempt to view > source, remove or rename favourites and in some instances of right clicking.

I appreciate your help.

Trevina.

19. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Do you have a program called ReaConverter installed?

Steve

20. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Yes I do! How do you know!!!:rolleyes:

I do not need it actually, I should remove it.

21. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Yup. Go thru Add/Remove in the control panel and uninstall it. See if that solves the problem.

Steve

22. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Unfortunately, it cannot unistall it says:

File "C:\ Program files\ReaConverter 4.0\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall

I think I copied that correctly.

23. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go to safe mode and try uninstalling it or manually delete ReaConverter folder from "C:\Program Files\" (default location). After that, manually delete the program shortcut from the desktop and ReaConverter folder from the 'Start' menu.

Steve

24. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

I need to add that it si not the only one I am unable to uninstall, there are other programs I tried to uninstall previously and got the same message.:(

25. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Thanks Steve. I will try that.

26. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I'm pretty sure that is what is causing the problem, I hope removing it in safe mode or manually will get all of it.

Steve

27. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

One other thing to check. Look in the Program Files for the ReaConverter 4.0 folder and see if there is a unins000.exe, if there is click on it and see if it starts the uninstall process.

Steve

28. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

You are a just the one...

Thanks so much Steve. I have manually removed ReaConverter 4.0 and that solves it all!!!:D

Where can I send a donation? Phew...I now have my computer back and can do all that I could not do because of these problems.

Thanks Star17. Thanks Steve. You are both Super Stars!

Trevina.

29. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Glad you got it, good job. :)

Yeah, we will have to give Star17 credit for this one. He got us started on the right track.

Thank's Star.

Steve

30. Trevina

Trevina Private E-2

Thanks again guys! I truly appreciate.

Trevina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds