Microsoft Word 07 Macro problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by cosanostra0905, Jan 11, 2010.

1. cosanostra0905

cosanostra0905 Private E-2

I just re-installed the Microsoft Word 2007, but when I open a Word document, it pops up this.
    " The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open, Click OK, and then close open dialog boxes to continue."
    Then I click OK, the dialog box shows " The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available. Would you like to open this document read-only?"
    And the Help is....
    "This error usually occurs because of macro security settings. If you know that the macro comes from a source that you trust, you can change your macro security settings to allow you to enable the macro. The way that you change your macro security settings depends on the Microsoft Office System program that you are using....."

It seems so complicated and I reset the options, but it didn't work.
    Please help.
    I wanna post a picture but I don't know how to do that.

2. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

This the only way print out take it one step at a time and you will resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot macro security and warningMany features in Office are created in VBA or depend on VBA support to function correctly. If you choose not to install the VBA feature, these dependent applications and features will be disabled or not installed. For additional information about the effects of disabling VBA, see the Microsoft Office Resource Kit Web site.
    To re-enable VBA, follow these steps:

1. Run the Office Setup program again
      1. Quit all programs.
      2. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
      3. Do one of the following: For Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition:
        • If you installed your Office program as part of Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the Change button.
        • If you installed your Office program individually, click the name of your program in the Currently installed programs box, and then click the Change button.
        For Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0:
        • If you installed your Office program as part of Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office on the Install/Uninstall tab, and then click the Add/Remove button.
        • If you installed your Office program individually, click the name of your program on the Install/Uninstall tab, and then click the Add/Remove button.
    2. On the Features to install screen in the Setup program, click the plus sign (+) next to Office Shared Features.
    3. Select Visual Basic for Applications, click the arrow next to your selection, and then click Run from My Computer.
    If someone else set up your Office installation for you, contact your system administrator or Information Technology (IT) professional to see whether you are running Office with VBA disabled.

When I start Microsoft Word, I receive a warning about macros or macros that used to work can't be run anymore.
    You may have cleared the Trust all installed add-ins and templates check box. To avoid these messages, re-select the check box or digitally sign the macros in your Normal.dot template (template: A file or files that contain the structure and tools for shaping such elements as the style and page layout of finished files. For example, Word templates can shape a single document, and FrontPage templates can shape an entire Web site.) and trust the certificate used to sign them. Once you sign Normal.dot, any further macros you add to the file will be automatically signed if the certificate used to sign them originally is installed on your computer.
    Select the Trust all installed add-ins and templates check box.
    Depending on your macro security setting, when you open a macro, you will receive a warning and the macro may be disabled for installed templates and add-ins (including wizards).

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Security tab.
    2. Under Macro Security, click Macro Security.
    3. Click the Trusted Sources tab.
    4. Clear the Trust all installed add-ins and templates check box.
    Note All templates, add-ins, and macros shipped with Microsoft Office XP are digitally signed by Microsoft. Once you add Microsoft to your list of trusted sources for one of these installed files all subsequent interaction with these files will not generate messages.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. cosanostra0905

cosanostra0905 Private E-2

Very informative, thank you very much, jewlzs.
    Problem sloved.
    Maybe I didn't installed the VBA thing. I re-installed Office again, install all the features, it doesn't pop up anymore.

4. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

You are welcome...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds