Wipedrive Six - need help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Silascat2, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

My dear brother thought he purchased this program as a virus sweep and used it without knowing what he was doing. He did not back anything up.

The screen comes on with just the blue box that says:
    Samsung HN-M500HBB
    Enter Password:

It will NOT let me type anything and is locked on this screen. Inserting the System Recovery Media disk does nothing at this point.

I do hope someone here can assist me.

Thanks in advance,
    Jennifer

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You need to contact Samsung with your serial number; they might be able to help.

The computer has been securely wiped and appears as if there might be a BIOS password. To deal with BIOS passwords, you need to contact the manufacturer.

One of the Product Features:
    Permanently erase operating systems, program files and all other data from your computer

In other words, you now have a raw hard drive and will not be able to undo what has been done to get anything recovered.

3. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

Thank you, Plodr, I will do that now. ;)

4. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

Update:
    Because you cannot type anything at this time the support guy was not able to go any further with me including the bios #. It's out of warrantee, and their tech support referred me to a co. who charges and does not give support over the phone. The Wipedrive support emailed me this: It sounds like your hard drive has become locked because something interrupted the wiping process- you can try following these instructions to unlock the drive:

http://support.whitecanyon.com/cust...1510772-hard-drive-locked-enter-hdd-password-
    After you unlock the hard drive I would try and use the recovery disk to get the system back up and running.

I'm afraid to follow those instructions but at this point I have no other options. :-(

5. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

I figured out that holding down the F2 key and turning on the laptop gets me to the ENTER PASSWORD screen. However, not knowing what password my brother might have used locks me out every time. The Samsung tech said they will be locked out as well if we do not know his password.

Thanks for any further assistance you can submit.

J

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You said in #1 that it will not let you type anything in, but in your last post you say it locks you out every time. So can you enter anything or not? If you can then try simply hitting Enter. The password it's asking for is a BIOS password rather than a Windows password, and as it's rare for people to set a BIOS password then simply hitting Enter may get you to the next stage.

If you cannot enter anything at all it will be because the keyboard is not being recognised. Is it a wireless keyboard?

7. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

Yes, originally I could not type in anything. Then I held down the F2 key and hit the power key & it came on & I was able to type. Same thing for the F4 key.

I already tried hitting the enter key and it still says invalid.

I found another forum that redirected me to a website where you type in the 18 digit code that comes up when it's an invalid password & it comes up with the password to try. The second password they came up is the actual password my brother used. However, it does not work now.

8. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

So when you fail the password 3 times, what code is displayed?

9. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

Foogoo, a different 18 digit code is displayed every time it locks me out after 3 tries. I started down the list of Award BIOS Backdoor Passwords but it's kind of frustrating to get locked out after 3 tries and then turn off, turn on, and go to the next password on the list.

10. foogoo

11. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

Foogoo, I am not sure what I am looking for on that link, I'm sorry.

Do you mean to try the different methods listed?

I was thinking I might have to do this: http://samsung-bios-password.biospwd.com

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  12. foogoo

Don't pay someone, the fix is on the page I posted, unless you want to pay someone $35 to use the same tool for that site, I gave you for free.

You need to run this
    http://sites.google.com/site/dogber1/blag/pwgen-samsung.zip

If you can't get it, bring up a code, post it and wait. Keep the PC on so the code will not change.

Attached Files:

13. Silascat2

Silascat2 Private E-2

Re: Wipedrive Six - need help - Update

I used the link Foogoo gave me and received the password but it still refuses to take it. I tried it numerous ways; upper key, lower key, initial upper, etc. Something else must be going on. I'm sorry I was not able to report positive results but do appreciate everyone's assistance. I think it's time to take it to the repairman.

J

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds