Any tech gifts gotten??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Dec 25, 2007.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I got an ipod Touch for Christmas. I'm syncing it now. :)

I gotta say...Apple Does make a pretty product.

2. Stacks

Stacks Private E-2

I got my computer that I ordered a few days ago from Newegg.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I got a new MP3 player and my wife got a 500 GB Maxtor external HDD. I have the MP3 player nearly full and she is working on filling the hard drive. LOL

4. LauraR

What kind of computer, Stacks?

cool, muskie. :) I just figured out that my touch iPod has internet. :D

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Got a camera for my birthday from my brother vivitar 5199,it takes batteries instead of having a rechargeable battery pack:( and I cant take a photo without the flash drowning out the picture and the video it takes is like a slide show BUT I'm still grateful:D

6. Rikky

OOOOHHHH! I got a USB drink warmer,I thought it wouldnt work due to USB not having the juice to keep a drink warm and I was right,dont bother,I got a cool metal cup with it though:D

MY favourite present though are my christmas pringle socks,mmm toasty:D

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Altec Lansing's iMotion iPod speaker. Sadly, my mp3-player is not an iPod, and does not have the iPod connector necessary to connect to the speaker. Fortunately, the giver had a gift receipt ready for me, so I am about to have store credit at Best Buy. Hehe.

Oh, and the gaming computer that arrived a couple of weeks ago was technically an early Christmas gift, so I suppose that counts too. :)

8. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

I beat u all :p

I got a new video card (7900GS), a Wii, AND a PS3 +some extra games. We got Rock Band for the PS3 too, it's awesome. Tomorrow im heading to target to pick up some component cables for the PS3 and a wireless router, woowoo! Oh and I just had my birthday on the 20th that I got money for; i bought a nice 2gig set of RAM and another hard drive with that :D

9. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

I bought myself myself a new lappy, bro got me a new wireless mouse, friend got me Acronis 11, think big bro got me a wireless Belkin router....but forgot it. LMBO yep you all turned into a geek...most of wish list was geeky!

10. Stacks

Stacks Private E-2

It's a computer that I bought off of newegg.

Had a bit of a hard time getting the CPU installed after the glasses of wine at dinner :eek:

But I got it all working fine and dandy.

It's a Core 2 Duo @ 2.67ghz, with 2gb of Crucial DDR2 1066mhz ram with a 160gb SATA HDD.

11. Natakel

Natakel Guest

Sort of . . . in a technical sense. I did buy myself a new SATA drive for my video cruncher PC (250GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.9 . . . ). It was - sorta - a gift from my wife.

I also got a gift card for Best Buys . . . that, coupled with some cash I received, will transform into a tech gift of some kind . . . :D

12. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

A wind up torch - 90 seconds winding gives 15 mins torch time!

13. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I got a diNovo keyboard and a MX Revolution mouse. I needed a new keyboard and mouse pretty bad.

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I got iPod socks for my iPod Touch :)

[​IMG]

15. LauraR

Too cute, Halo. :) I need to get me some of those, or something to protect mine.

haha...I knew you all wouldn't disappoint. People at home look at me like I have two heads when I talk about the tech gifts. :D

16. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I think this is the first year I didn't get anything geeky.. but I did buy this ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/9ebe/ ) for my son. Two laser guns so we can both play so I guess it's a quasi present for me too ;) We had a blast (pardon the pun) all day yesterday and this morning :D

I do have 4G of RAM coming for me today, though most of my holiday cash went to buying a new washer because my other one decided that life wasn't worth it and bailed out on me.

Glad to see that everyone enjoyed their Christmas.. but remember..

BILLY STILL HAS MORE TOYS THAN YOU!! :D

17. Bear9090

Bear9090 Private First Class

I got a PSP. :D I gave my original PSP to the boy 2 years ago, not knowing how I would miss it. Now the the big dilemma is Arcade or PSP? :confused

18. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

I love how u guys over there call flashlights "torches," It always gets me lol. Im reading this going, "What the hell, how do you wind up a tor...OH YEAH....." lol

19. LauraR

LmAO!

I was thinking the same thing...wtf...but it never actually came to me what it was. Glad you clarified, viper. :D

20. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

But at least 'torch' doesn't make you think of something that flickers on and off all the time like 'flashlight' does. :Drolleyes

21. Rikky

Beat you!I got my dad and bro wind up torches from TJ hughes 60secs winding gives 30mins light,my bro said "wind up torch I bought a load of these in the past" :(my Dads being an ahole he hasnt even opened his presents yet:mad

22. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

23. LauraR

I need to get my kids one of those windup torches :)D). They go through batteries like there's no tomorrow.

24. Rikky

They are the best thing since sliced bread :DIt has three LED bulbs in really bright you cant look at it, I should have got myself one everything should be wind up from now on IMO:D

25. noahawk

noahawk Corporal

I got an I-CY. Have yet to try it as we couldn't find batteries, and it's at the house I'm moving into in 2-3 weeks... Don't even start with it being windup, if it's not being used, it turns it self off after an hour or so... I just don't see why it needs batteries, it's a speaker... It only is going to be plugged into my PC, draw power from there :p

26. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

I got a Matsunichi Digital frame ----------- what an awesome gift!!

It is a digital picture frame that plays MP3 music in background (you choose what) and runs a slideshow of your own pictures. (or Videos).

Really neat toy. Fully programmable and fun to play with.

27. noahawk

noahawk Corporal

Bleh, just after I posted my last message to this thread, my system froze, and it turns out I need a new motherboard. Sucky way to start my day. Looks like I get a late present that I wasn't expecting :(

But I also remembered that I got a new KVM switch on Christmas, so I can upgrade from 2 to 4 PCs at once :D

28. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Just the USB mouse I wanted. Works on my big computer... with some effort... and on my laptop. Much nicer than the silly pad.

29. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I went to Best Buy today to exchange the InMotion speaker for something that either will work with my mp3-player, or for some other fun toy. They were a bit low on inventory (this time of year? Imagine that!), but they told me I could get a giftcard for the amount on the receipt, if I wanted to. So I now have a very generous Best Buy giftcard. I can think of far worse Christmas gifts. :)

30. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Oh, yeah, I forgot to give my condolences to Laura. Someone must really not like you, giving you an Ipood and all. :D

31. LauraR

roflmao

That would be my children. I DO yell at them a bit. :D

32. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds