Network connection slows right click and other operations..how to solve?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rudyard, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudyard

Rudyard Private E-2

I have been posting round the net for years trying to solve my slow right click (along with slow to open programs when double clicking etc) problem and just before Christmas I finally found the problem which was related to my network connection.

If I disable my connection control panel my computer runs like a dream and the problem is totally gone.

But obviously I need my network connection (this computer connects to the net and another computer via the router shares the connection) and internet.

Anyone know how to fix it or point me to a place that may have the answer.....im so close now.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. Rudyard

Rudyard Private E-2

Thanks for the link, I am trying to follow the guide but got caught with something.....the images (fig 1) of regscanner are not up to date with the current regscanner as there is a whole host of other options and I cannot select them exactly as is in the guide.

Is the base key important? As I cant select a base key and also 'load only values to match the following criteria'

I did the scan anyway to have a look and there are lots of \\ entries but where they are HKCR (which is the base key) in the guide they are HKCU and HKLM in my results. Does this matter and what is the difference?

Can I somehow save my results to a log for someone to take a look over and help?

Or any helpful hints would be appreciated as I must get this sorted.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Looks like you have to check the Load all keys and values starting from the base key option to choose the Base Key.

Steve

5. Rudyard

Rudyard Private E-2

You sir are a living legend, for the first time in about 4 years I can right click and get the box straight away and there is no pause when I double click a file....THANKYOU!

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Spread the word brother, Major Geeks is the best. :D

Glad you got it working. Good job. ;)

Steve

7. Grommet

Grommet Private E-2

Hi Rudyard
    I am having similar problems. Did you ever find a fix?

Regards
    Grommet

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There is a fix in this thread, but make your own thread please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds