Internode Australian MG download link

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigbazza, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks to MA and CP for keeping an Australian MG download link, at Internode available to us Aussies. :major

I am regularly, make that daily,:D downloading programs from the MG front page at a speed of around 200KB/s. It is great to have an Aussie link, so we Aussies don't have to go to the USA, or EU for our downloads.

Thanks guys, from Bazza

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

NP - Glad you enjoy. ;)

3. bigbazza

Updated as at this morning. (7am Aussie time):)

It appears as though Internode have upgraded their download speed recently. I used to get around 200KB/s.

Now it is bumped up to nearly 300 KB/s. See thumbnail.

Some smaller downloads are so fast that speed is not calculated and I occasionally have to check that the download actually happened. :major :cool :D
    (Not only small downloads, sometimes 2 and 3 megabytes happen in less than one second). I guess it is also a combination of my ADSL2+ modem/router, my ISP (Spin) and Internode. (but mainly Internode, I guess)
    See bottom 2 downloads in my thumbnail.

Can Tim or Jim pass on my thanks to Internode, and thanks to you guys also. Bazza

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  4. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Bazza, are you part of the MG Beta Pilot downloading all that software?

5. bigbazza

Nah, that's only a couple of days downloading. :major I download a lot, sometimes to use, sometimes just to store them on my 10 gig pocket drive in case I need them to help out others.

I like to keep my software up-to-date with the latest revisions. Advanced Windows Care, Spybot S & D, AdAware 2007, etc., put out regular updates so they are downloaded whenever revisions appear. Downloading is a hell of a lot less chore than it used to be. Good speeds really help. :cool

Bazza

===

6. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Good for you :)

7. bigbazza

Thanks Nick. I do have a few little old ladies (or should I say senior citizens) and some other friends who are not confident with updating their various programs that need updating, so I can usually find the latest update on my 10 gig pocket drive and help them out. Some pay, some don't but that is OK. Bazza

===

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds