Piculiar problem with reply-to address

Discussion in 'Software' started by allanr, Mar 18, 2015.

1. allanr

allanr Private E-2

It has been reported to me by email recipients that when they reply to my emails, occasionally my email address shows up with the domain ‘outlook.com’, instead of Yahoo, and the email they sent comes back as undeliverable. I'm told my Yahoo address appears in the From address, but when they hit reply the new To address is to an outlook.com address.

I do not have an outlook account; I do not have Microsoft Outlook installed on my computer. My mail account is with Yahoo and I do not use a mail client other than my browser. This problem ONLY occurs when I use my PC to sent mail. Mail sent from my iPad and laptop does not have this problem. I have checked and double-checked my email account setup and nowhere do I specify outlook.com I have searched my PC, but cannot find where outlook.com is being specified. My PC and laptop are running Windows 7.

Can anyone give me an idea on how my Reply-To email address gets changed when I use Yahoo mail via my browser on my PC, but not when I use my iPad or laptop?

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You don't think your Yahoo account may have been hacked? I would promptly change my password.

3. allanr

allanr Private E-2

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I thought of that, but two things cause me to doubt that. First, I have verified my mail account settings and it all looks good. Secondly--and most importantly--mail is read and sent from ALL my devices--PC, laptop, iPad--and the problem only happens with mail sent from the PC.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Fair enough but there is an issue with the PC it would appear. Have you scanned it thoroughly?

5. allanr

allanr Private E-2

Yes, but it doesn't hurt to do it again, since I have just updated my software.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds