OUtlook 2003 no longer working

Discussion in 'Software' started by mastermiaow, Mar 22, 2015.

1. mastermiaow

mastermiaow Private First Class

Since Monday I am no longer able to use my outlook 2003 , despite deleting and reinputting IMAP settings. The message is 'unable to connect to server'.
    I have been through the malware checks. I have windows 7 OS.
    I have also contacted the email provider who think it is problem with my computer as they have not had any complaints from other Outlook 2003 users.

Many thanks for any advice

Matthew

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

99/100 this problem is an account settings issue. We see what we expect to see, so get someone else to check them for you.

3. mastermiaow

The problem predated my resetting of the account settings (which I did to try to resolve the problem). I have now triple checked the settings and they are as they should be according to the email provider (fastmail).
    I had some hope that JoeRay's suggestion would work as Outlook was not listed as one of the allowed programmes by Windows Firewall. However despite adding it and also trying with the Firewall off, the problem still remains.
    I am going to try to install Outlook 2013 to see if that will make any difference..

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

If you already have Outlook 2013 that's a good test. If not you could try Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail as they are both free.

5. mastermiaow

Hey Guys

The installation of Outlook 2013 seems to have worked. Thanks for your help guys :)

Matthew

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds