DirectX problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Waldotheclown, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Waldotheclown

Waldotheclown Private E-2

Ok, I've got the latest version of directx installed, and I keep trying to open programs and whatnot and its telling me I need the latest version of directx, but I've installed it numerous times over and over again, and I'm positive I've downloaded the right installer.

I checked regedit and I can't find directx in there so I'm thinking it has to do something with that, but I have no idea what to do about it... can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

dxdiag second tab look for any issues.

3. Waldotheclown

Waldotheclown Private E-2

k, I went to the first link, read everything, downloaded an uninstaller and it took me back to dx 8.1, so then i downloaded the newest version again and installed, but its still staying at 8.1 so that didnt work.

and i just not checked the second tab and it says... No problems found.

so i really dunno what to do =\

i really am convinced that its something to do with the registry, because in the past month i've had to mess with the registry to fix something with nero, and something went wrong and I had to delete the registry for directx in regedit and since then everything has been messed up... and i cant get the registry to show up again, so even tho i have the latest version installed, the registry is saying otherwise =\

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds