St Andreas Wont load?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wild, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Wild

Wild Private First Class

Hi all, i recently got my son a new computor running an installed windows Vista (which is not very good imo). He installed St Andreas and was in gaming heaven. Then he decided to download extra cars and a file to install them from a St Andreas website. Since then no load?
    We did sys restore,deleted all files he installed,tried everything but no go?
    Tried the game on another comp.and worked fine.
    The place we bought comp from are not very helpful, they got a sale and thats it as far as they concerned. (pc world).
    Not familiar with Vista, cant seem to get into registry or management files?
    Also Nortons installed which im not a fan of. Other games work fine just St. ****** Andreas.
    Can anyone help?

2. Wild

Wild Private First Class

Solution------Did a bit of searching and came across this site http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/file/GTA_San_Andreas_Mod_Manager;46215
    This site explained that the Sami mod file wont work if you have version 2 of San andreas unless you install a patch. Which explains why the game wont load.can be found on above site.
    The Sami file can be found on www.gta-worldmods.de This Sami file allows you to upload mods,cars etc into the game.
    My son says you may have to google translater from German to read site.
    Hope this helps others with same prob.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

ahhh glad you found a fix! was just gonna take a look at this topic :p

nice of you to come back and post too, saves people wasting there time and as you said helps others!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds