WIN XP updates install fails

Discussion in 'Software' started by walte004, Apr 28, 2005.

1. walte004

walte004 Private E-2

former "lost wuamjrd.exe" thread. found that is came with the trojan!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I can let my PC scanned by win xp update, get information about new or missing updates, can select them, go to " install" and get this:
    "windows update succesfully failed".

It comes without error code.

I can download anything else from the internet except from windows update page.

Windows download center also is OK.

I down loaded before SP2 and other udates - fine.

I had the probat trojan virus and did everything Symantec tells about it.

After i scanned my PC with all possible and by you proposed anti virus, trojan and spyware programs, mentiond in HALO's advice - no result.

Still I get "windows update succesfully failed".

any other solution?

Thankx

Klaus

2. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

I had the same problem after installing SP2 sometime ago. I never did find the solution to the problem. Sadly had to do a clean install of my system. However I did not use the recovery disks that came with my system, I did a clean install with Win XP Pro w/ SP2 full Operating System that I bought. Everything works the way its supposed to now. I have a HP Pavilion and XP Pro found and installed almost all my hardware, no problems. I had to install my Canon Printer with the drivers that came with it.

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

This didn't work for me, might for you. You can try it.

Network policy settings prevent you from using Windows Update to download and install updates on your computer. If you believe you have received this message in error, please check with your system administrator.

For Windows XP Pro:

Start/Run/gpedit.msc. User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update. In the right pane, double click, Remove access to all Windows Update Features and set it to disabled.

For Windows XP Home Edition:

Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate

Locate the value in the right pane called DisableWindowsUpdateAccess. Double click this entry and change the value to 0 (zero) or right click it and select Delete.

4. walte004

walte004 Private E-2

Thank you,

but I found the problem!
    The BITS service was not running, so I started and win update nd installing works.

Klaus

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Good, glad you found the problem. I will need to remember that if it ever happens to me again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds