asus motherboard bios

Discussion in 'Software' started by mistermomo, Dec 3, 2004.

1. mistermomo

mistermomo Private E-2

when i enter in the bios,and i try to move up down with key arrow up,down its go slow.
    i have tried with other keyboard and updating the bios.and nothing.
    i dont have cooling problems .
    my motherboard is Asus A7V600.

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

CMOS/BIOS battery perhaps? Also I'd try updating the BIOS, if the problem still continues....(assuming the BIOS chip or the mobo is fine) the only other thing I'd suspect is BAD/Incompatible RAM.

3. mistermomo

mistermomo Private E-2

in have changed the RAM and Battery.the problem still continue.

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Battery was a remote possibility but I still wanted to mention it and if you are positive that the other RAM is a decent make and that it is 100% supported by your motherboard, then next and the best step would be first:
    Reset your BIOS settings! There should be an option in your BIOS that refers to loading 'fail safe' or 'compatible' or 'default' settings, apply then and reboot and test it by browsing the BIOS, if problem continues you might want to try checking for the newest version of your BIOS update at the mobo manufacturer's web site.
    IF you are not familiar with BIOS update: read the instructions that would come with the patch, backup any important file you might have and make sure you follow the update instructions correctly and completely without disturbing the process until it is complete.
    Hopefully my initial suggestion will do the trick.
    Note: make sure the CPU and the RAM is supported by your mobo/BIOS!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds