VOIP mobility?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tabasco, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Tabasco

Tabasco Private First Class

Question--if I have a VOIP line with SunRocket, and I wanted to take the box with me on vacation and try to plug it into a broadband connection elsewhere, would it work in theory?

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

From what I understand - you should be able to. As far as I can tell the service for SunRocket isn't location specific, you just need to have a steady connection to their server which will run at 9kb/s at least. Proving you're not in a country with limited bandwidth to the US, I don't see why not.

However they may implement security features that don't allow you to connect from a different IP address - you may need to inform them about the fact you're going to move the box temporarily.

You'd need to read the blurb you get when you ordered the box - or call them and ask specifically since I can't see any reference to that on their website.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds