Where did you get your Avatars from?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-15281db623, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Im looking for a new avater. Homer Simpson didnt really go with my name, and the smurf, isnt working eather. So any sites with a good selection would be great. Im looking for something in the area of "burnt something" :D

Any ideas?

:cool:

cooked

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

lol get an overcooked hamburger

BTW, what i do is just search google images and then download the image and then resize it.

3. Anon-15281db623

You know ive checked google, and i havnt really found something i liked.

I had a cool looking one i made with photoshop. It was a steak floating in flames. It looked really cool, but no matter what i did i could not get it under 8000bytes. (i think that is what it was)

cooked

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

save it as like jpg or something or another file type. sometimes the file type will make it smaller.

5. Anon-15281db623

i made it 60 x 60 pixel, saved it as a jpeg, and even made the quality a 1, still didnt work?

I dont know, I have to find something else.

cooked

6. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I made my first avatar from a wallpaper I made, then Wenchie animated it for me :D The one I have now is from some video's of the KodoBash that Goldfish put together :)

7. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

hmm, try making it a bit smaller. i mean, there isn't that much detail to see in a steak on fire.

8. billH

billH Master Sergeant

What application are you using for the conversion/size reduction? If it wasn't IrfanView you might want to download IrfanView and try it with that. You might also want to save the avatar as a "png" file instead of jpg or gif and take a look at IV's color reduction methods.

9. Anon-15281db623

Ok,

I took an image off google.

Made it 50 x 50
    The file size is 3.5k

Still cant put it in?

:mad:

cooked

10. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

wtf that is messed, talk to one of the admins maybe they can sneak it in for you ;) :p :)

11. Anon-15281db623

Im using photoshop.

I tried the png file...still didnt work.

cooked

12. Anon-15281db623

Here is the file im trying to put in.

cooked

Attached Files:

13. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Have you tried uploading it as a gif for your avatar?

14. Anon-15281db623

well not a gif yet...only jpeg, and png....ill give a gif a try.

Thanks

cooked

15. Anon-15281db623

Yes it worked!!!!!!!!!! The gif Worked!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

cooked

16. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

LOL No problem man... vBulletin is picky like that. It'll output png thumbnails as long as you have the right compression and image modules compiled into php, but uploading them is another story. More or less the same deal with jpg, but not so much. Glad it worked out for ya :D

17. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'm using one a friend made that was resized from a MUCH larger image found at www.margaritaville.com. I would use the newer one that I made from the same image, but MG only allows a miniscule avatar, so I stuck with this one.

18. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Good call Ice. :)

19. jawpaul

jawpaul Private E-2

I made mine.

20. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

mine atm is just a crop and re-size of a muppet pic.... other ones I have designed myself in the past.

21. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

mine is from google :) I just resized it using paintshop pro.

22. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

If anyone wants a Avatar animated or altered any way I have all software to manage,,,please contact me for any assistance required !! My Pleasure to help Glenn

23. Anon-15281db623

Do you think it would be possible to have my avatar act like it had jaws that where moving up and down? I think it would look really cool!

cooked

24. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

LOL give me a little time ,,,

25. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I made mine. pixel by pixel, frame by frame, obnoxious animation program crashing time and time again....

i do that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds