Need help finding XP drivers for a Vista machine

Discussion in 'Software' started by tollhaus, Dec 2, 2008.

1. tollhaus

tollhaus Private E-2

I own a Gateway T1625 laptop (2 actually) and have installed XP Pro (SP3) in place of Vista on one of them. I cannot get the network drivers to install properly.

I read the "Killing Off Vista" thread and tried to download all of the Gateway published Vista drivers, extract them and install them as mentioned by dmb.

I have also spent time on TechSpot trying various tips. No luck. I did get the audio running, which seems to be the problem that others are having.

When I start up Windows, I get the Found New Hardware Wizard that says it found "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" and "Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus"

Attached is an Everest Report. And one more link where I did get the sound drivers from. The Driver Genius never worked for me, but the CAB file did work for audio.

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I think you need to install KB888111, which is the Microsoft UAA Hi-Def Audio Update. However, SP3 doesn't support this. So you have to 'trick' SP3 into thinking it's SP2 temporarily, install KB888111, then 'switch back' to SP3. So, use the info in this thread to 'trick' SP3.... the download link for KB888111 is in that thread also... That should do it!

Good luck!

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds