Is it okay to mix rechargeable batteries in a battery grip?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yoyodofield, Jun 25, 2012.

1. yoyodofield

yoyodofield Private E-2

I've recently purchased a battery grip for my canon but I can't find another standard battery to use in the grip with the standard canon one I already have. I know it isn't recommended to mix other batteries in other similar products but does this rule still apply to rechargeables?

In short, I'm wondering whether I should be buying two brand new batteries of the same make rather than mix two of a different make.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If they're the same chemical type (Ni-Cad, etc.) I don't see any reason why you can't use different brands.

I would, however, consider the age of the batteries. If one is older than the other, you'll likely get a longer life between charges going with two new ones.

Hope this helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds