Windows 8 causes font to go small

Discussion in 'Software' started by maroonx, Oct 25, 2014.

1. maroonx

maroonx Private E-2

Font changes while reviewing email

I have windows 8 on my laptop. I used the pad to navigate. While reviewing emails in my verizon inbox, I was using my finger on the pad to scroll and all of a sudden the font went very small. I dont now what I did. I did a system restore, reboot and w hen I went to the verizon inbox, the fot is still very tiny. Help!!!

2. maroonx

maroonx Private E-2

I have laptop with windows 8. While reviewing emails in my verizon account, the font suddenly went very small while using the touch pad. I dont know how it happened.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What application?

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Re: Font changes while reviewing email

Knowing your make and model of laptop would be helpful; the functionality of touchpads can vary for different computers. For example, here's some info on Lenovo touchpads: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht077024 My HP laptop, on the other hand, does not have the touchpad feature explained there.

By the way, using a mouse with your laptop can be a way of avoiding such touchpad issues.

5. maroonx

maroonx Private E-2

Sorry. It's a Toshiba sattilite S70

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Well, I don't know the exact features of your touchpad. I do see, on http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/laptops/389647/toshiba-satellite-s70-b , that the touchpad has no buttons. I would not like that. I would definitely use a wireless mouse with that computer. Anyway, you should be able to adjust font size by pressing and holding down the Ctrl key and pressing + or -.

Do you access your email via web browser? If so, you can reset the font size via the browser menu. For example, with Internet Explorer, click on the View command on the menu bar and point to Zoom on the View menu list.

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm not fond of using the touch pad, but I wonder if you "magically" made things smaller. If you hit CTRL+ the "+" key will it make things bigger?

Hold down the CTRL key and the + key. See if that helps.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  8. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I see you posted your question twice, i.e. two different forum topics. And now, you have replies at both. This is the wrong way to use a forum. You should not start multiple topics on the same issue.

The other discussion thread is at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=288843

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Threads merged.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds