Linksys BEFW11S4 router disconnects

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hellzscream, Dec 24, 2007.

1. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

Hello everyone so after like 3 or 4 years of using this router it just started to lose connection like every hr or 30mins. I'm connected directly to it not using the wireless what happens is on my modem the pc light will stop blinking or blink and then go off. Then I have to unplug the router for it to connect back to the internet. So im wondering what what router to get it doesnt have to be wireless just needs to stay connected I also live in canada and newegg doesnt ship there. If you need any other information ask plese.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You could try 3rd party Firmware such as DD-WRT for it. Also, try swapping out Cat-5e cables, and possibly the LAN NIC in the computer if you are able to do so. That may cause the problems to stop. If not, check places such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and even the office supply stores online websites.

3. xratedsoldier

xratedsoldier Private E-2

It depends on how advanced you want your router to be. Even though most routers will enable you to do the same things, some are more user friendly. I have worked with several over the years and it seems to me that Netgear is probably the most user friendly. Plug and go. Linksys is more advanced, it will allow you to do more with it, easier(advanced routing etc.) Do NOT buy a Belkin! I hate those things. They have over heating issues and in my opinion are just crap.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds