Athlon XP 2500+ slow clock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Welic, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Welic

Welic Private E-2

Hello,
    I recently put together a new system, It has a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Processor, with Barton core. My mothe board is a Chaintech Appoge (not sure if correct spelling on that one). Anyway, the processor is running at 1.1Ghz. I tried to bump the processor clock speed up to where it is sapose to be. I set the FSB at 200 and the multiplier at 9.5, and 9, I tried the CMOS's default settings for Optimail, Agressive, Turbo, and manually put the FSB and Multiplier in myself in Expert. Through out all my efforts i haven't ever got it to run even a Mhz faster. I checked the voltage and its at where the book says it should be (First set at default and then set at 1.65). Any Tips or help on what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

2. Welic

Welic Private E-2

Okay, It appears that Chaintech's "defaults" aren't actually the defaults. There was ajumper on the Mobo, that was set to 100Mhz forced FSB, (manual said it was set to 133,166 by default). Permission to kick me in the ribs I didn't check all the little details before I opened my big mouth. Well now I have another question none the less "With the new clock speed the CPU is running at 58 C Degrees, at Idle. The Thermal past hasn't set in all the way, did I choose a bad CPU cooler ( stats said it could handle it ) anyway, what temp is unheathly at for my Processor type, should 58C scare me and my brainless skull?

3. River_Rat

River_Rat Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds