Cold snap ended

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bear9090, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Bear9090

Bear9090 Private First Class

We finally finished our cold Snap. Last 3 week it’s been around -30 C. Today it’s + 9 C. That’s a drastic 39 degrees change in less than a week. But that’s how it is here in Alberta. The weather changes so much here from one week to the next. It’s supposed to stay around zero for the next week. It’s a mess around here with a major melt down but it sure beats –38 C.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You guys are lucky. We are at -9 C right now and have been waiting for an end of the cold weather. We may get that Sunday. It all depends on this storm coming up from the Gulf. But rivers are high and if we get the rain and melt, there could be some severe flooding.

Sign the petition to abolish Winter! LOL

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Good for you man, that was a long one. We'll be bouncing around this week fom -20C tonight to 6C on Tues and -24 on Thus. night. I can't take it anymore.:crybaby

4. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

ha...

its always cold up in minnesota...it doesnt even get that hot in the summer

but yeah...i bet its alot worse in canada

5. Bear9090

It was worse for my step son. He just came back from an oil field camp in Fort Nelson BC last week & the temp was -58 C. That must be brutal.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Brutal is the nice word for that temperature!

7. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

We're supposed to be a couple of degrees above freezing for a while now. We've had more than average snow this year, but the coldest we had all winter was -23C. That's not bad for this area. Generally this is the coldest part of Southern BC. We often get the cold Alberta air leaking over the Rockies.

8. Bear9090

Do you mind if we send you a couple of bazillion fans (solar power of course) to set up & blow all that warm air back over the Rockies to us. :D

9. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Funny what you Edmontonians consider to be warm!:D

10. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like all you guys should be living down south in Florida rolleyes

11. Snotagain

Snotagain Private First Class

I'd probably die in temps like you guys are talking about! I don't think I've ever experienced such cold. Once it reaches about 17C I've gotta grab a jumper.

12. Bear9090

Today it was around plus 4 C. There were a lot of people in sweaters & some in T shirts. It was a beautiful day.

13. Bear9090

That’s a good idea but here in the summer it gets in the plus 30’s, the wife loves it but I much prefer it in the low 20’s.

14. Bear9090

That’s the problem here; we go from -35 C in the winter to +35 C in the summer. Good thing is we don’t get monsoons, hurricanes or earthquakes.

15. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Soon Bear, soon.:D

16. Bear9090

roflmao Ya & after you set up all those fans you’ll get a huge tidal wave off the coast & blow all that water over the Rockies to us in the middle of February. Oh wait; it is the middle of February, better go by some steel reinforced umbrellas. :D

17. ejp723

ejp723 Private E-2

We've had every kind of weather imaginable here...rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow along with nasty temps and wind chills. Great ice fishing weather imho.

And for those of us who don't use "C" there is always this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds