Help with Broadcom Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gloriana11, Mar 9, 2008.

1. gloriana11

gloriana11 Private E-2

I am a new user and not a particularly technically competent one. I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I am using a Dell Latitude D430 with Vista Business. For Broadband connections it has a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx controller. I am on the road in a hotel which has an ethernet broadband connection in my room. I am connecting to the internet through this ethernet connection. However, every time that I do something, e.g. go to a new URL, a box pops up labelled "Connect Broadband Connection" which asks for a user name and password and tries to dial a connection. I have to close it because it appears to stall the ethernet connection while it waits to dial. I don't understand why it doesn't recognize the ethernet connection. I can't find a way to disable it without disabling the card and then my ethernet connection doesn't work. Is there something I can do?? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

in internet explorer goto tools options, then connections tab i believe, and you should see an option, never dial a connection. Try that.

3. gloriana11

gloriana11 Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it. I'm a Firefox use so it would be inconvenient, but if it's the only way, I guess I'll have to adapt for the moment. Does anyone know if there is a Firefox equivalent? I don't see it, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds