Is a AMD Sempron 3400+ processor compatible with a AMD 785G chipset/motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by doclyfe, Dec 9, 2011.

1. doclyfe

doclyfe Private E-2

I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard right now, and my CPU a little later. Ive already seen on the site that this chipset has backwards compatibility, really just wanted to see if anyone has ever actually tryed it and has success.

I was wondering if i would be able to run my old CPU (AMD Sempron 3400+) on this board

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

What specific board are you looking at?

IMO upgrading you MB and CPU independently is not a good idea. You wont get much performance improvement from just upgrading MB. If you update your MB now you are setting the ceiling for what CPU you can put in now but not buying it until later down the line by which time other CPUs that higher speced will be out and the motherboard that you bought (with little performance increase) will now be a whole lot cheaper.

When upgrading the core components Motherboad, CPU and RAM should all be upgraded at the same time to get maximum benefit for buck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds