Anti/virus & Spyware programs won't run - Server

Discussion in 'Software' started by Carrott, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Carrott

Carrott Private E-2

Hi - Can someone please help me? This computer won't run spybot, adaware and AVG. Programs quit responding. Its interesting to me that they are all anti virus/spyware softwares. All other software seems to run fine. (Thought it might be firewall settings, but I don't know much about that.) Do you have any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  2. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Some viruses block anti-virus software to prevent you from finding out that the virus is active.

Use an online scanner to see what you can find. If you can't get to Symantec or MacAfee or TrendMicro's sites but can get to others, a virus becomes a higher probability. Those viruses sometimes also block access to AV websites, for the same reason.

Boot from a known-clean floppy or CD-ROM and see if you can run a scanner that way.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I suggest you pay a visit to the SPYWARE FORUM and follow the recommendations in the stickies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds