problems with firefox after power loss

Discussion in 'Software' started by spanktastic2120, Oct 3, 2008.

1. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

yesterday my computer shut off unexpectedly when my back-up battery decided to cut power to it. i was installing something at the time and when i turned it back on i had to import my firefox bookmarks from the backup directory, which i found how to do on here, thanks guys. but firefox is still pretty messed up, when i click a link the address bar flashes like its changing pages and then nothing happens. i have to click the link several times in succession to get it to load a page, its also not displaying pages properly, and not loading some images. whats wrong with it, and how can i fix it?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

heres a screen shot of the way it displays the page
    http://i37.tinypic.com/2135fus.jpg

i booted firefox in safe mode with every option checked off and it still functions just the same way.

also, because i forgot to mention it before, my version is 2.0.0.17

edit: the display problems seem to come and go, displaying things correctly sometimes and incorrectly at others.

3. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

nevermind, i fixed it

4. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

k, didnt fix it.
    the problem comes and goes.
    i unistalled firefox, and deleted all the files for it (application data and program files) and i still have a problem with it not always loading pages right, and with me clicking links doing nothing, i still have to click several times in succession to get it to follow the link. i dont know whats wrong that uninstalling and reinstalling cant fix.

5. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I don't have an answer but this cropped pic showing the missing avatar and placeholder might be a clue for someone who understands how websites are displayed.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  6. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

using firefox 3 now, same issues as with 2.
    what could be wrong? please help

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Firefox forums at Mozillazine are usually very good. Try posting there while waiting for an answer here. I would include your first post and screenshot, and that you deleted Application Data Folder and uninstalled then reinstalled.

Usually, I would think that the problem lay in you Application Data/Mozilla folder. But because you deleted that I can't think of anything other than deleting your cache again.

8. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds