Automate web login via dos batch

Discussion in 'Software' started by slyclam, Jan 31, 2012.

1. slyclam

slyclam Private E-2

Hi,

Need help in scripting a batch file for automatic login in a website (for example www.gmail.com). The batch file will contain the username & password for logging in.
    It's a windows system.

Please help.

2. GermanOne

GermanOne Guest

You can't send keystrokes to a GUI using batch. You could try the SendKeys Method in a VBScript.

Regards
    GermanOne

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I'm not sure if this meets your goal or not but Thunderbird will send and receive email through gmail and store your username and password so it all happens by a single click.

Otherwise, there are applications like Roboform that manage your online user accounts.

4. slyclam

slyclam Private E-2

@GermanOne: Thanks for the info. I'll try to find a solution to my problem using this.

@shnerdly: That was not what I meant. Thanks anyways.

5. stevepowers

stevepowers Private E-2

You need to provide more information about what exactly you want to do.

One option you could try would be finding a way to get cURL to do this; it lets you make HTTP requests from a command line or a script file; although I don't know if it will work with Gmail because Google uses cookies and advanced authentication, not just standard HTTP authentication.

If you elaborate on why you want to do this from a batch file we can probably help you find a way to do it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds