Its is too late to start a diet?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Freddy, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

Ok, so we started cooking for Thanksgiving already. Lasagna is a serious thing in my house and must be done right. The sauce alone took all day.

Here's what the menu looks like so far:

Anti pasta - with at least a dozen or so meats, cheeses and fruits w/bread
    Soup w/ bread
    Lasagna w/bread
    Turkey, stuffing, peas/onions, potatoes, w/bread
    Dessert and coffee - cheesecake, puddings, fruits, veggies and bread.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I give up on that diet crap this time of year. If you're a ginzo (like me) then your family will be pounding food for the next 2 months. lol..

3. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

Who/what is ginzo? This guy?

http://www.ginzo.com/

Ginzo is the nickname of a 52-year old, self-employed computer training consultant.

He is of Sicilian descent and very proud of it (note the Sicilian Coat of Arms and Sicilian Flag at the top of the page).

He very much believes in respect and honor and tends to treat people the way they treat him.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it's slang.

5. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

I thought you were just feeling your age.....

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

no.. NOOOO!!!!! age? I'm.. 29..yeah.. that's the ticket! :D

7. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

It's never too late to start a diet. But this time of year it will be more of a holding action than an advance. But even that is better than having even MORE that you need to lose come January.

8. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i wish thanksgiving wasn't quite so near Christmas. my thanksgiving menu?
    kailua pork and one turkey (baked in the ground over hot rocks), one roast turkey w/stuffing (in conventional oven), roasted potato English style, mashed potato, caramelized carrots, brussel sprouts w/ cream sauce, sweet corn, fresh garlic bread, pumpkin pie, Devonshire clotted cream, Ben and jerry's new york chocolate chunk.

eclectic cooking! aloha

9. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

I miss Hawaii. Its amazing the milage you can get with a few hot rocks and a hole in the ground.

10. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

wait until new years that's what it's for ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds