Winxp Automatic Updates marked for deletion

Discussion in 'Software' started by rickwhit, Jan 22, 2005.

1. rickwhit

rickwhit Private E-2

I am trying to repair a pc after a virus attack and ran into this windows update problem.

Windows Update after checking for latest version, gives me the ERROR number 0x8ddd0018 , then tells me to run services.msc , select automatic startup and make sure that the service has started for "Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent Transfer service (BITS),& Event Log".

BITS works.

Automatic Updates gives me an error message saying "The specified service has been marked for deletion". It will not start or change.

I don't find a service named "Event Log"

Can any body help? :confused: :confused: :eek:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. rickwhit

rickwhit Private E-2

I've tryed several ways to get the updater to work but no soap.

can you tell me how to use the "repair" function on the installation disk?? :eek:

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Frist try the SFC instead of going to the repair function.

Go to start.. run.. type CMD and hit enter.
    next type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter. Follow the onscreen prompts. Hopefully this will repair whatever is corrupted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds