Xbox sayes to play this disc, put in xbox !?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jbrown130, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jbrown130

jbrown130 Private E-2

Ok I hope this happened to someone before because I'm ready to throw this console away! I have a Xbox 360, (not moded) never opened the inside and recently I have been getting this screen when I go to play a game (Xbox 360 game) and I have to open cd drive and close it a few times before the console accepts and lets me play my game.

Link To Screen Shot Below:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/OneGoodThing/xboximage.jpg

If you know of anything that may help please!

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  2. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

NEVER THROW AWAY AN XBOX 360!!!!!

They break very easy but to the same token can be repaired just as easy.

the end result is eventually the drive will just comepletely stop working and you will need to get new drive altogether (WHICH WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY) if you still have a warranty you can send it back probably at a cost. Sending it in seems like short term fix, because they break a few months later.

you can go online and get a new drive for about $20-$30-ish. Make sure you get the same model and the numbers match up.

if you want to replace your drive hers some videos to show you exactly what to do.
    How to open your 360http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj2A7mGGjuY&feature=player_embedded

How replace your 360 drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_xSsNmjqKI&feature=player_embedded

P.S. DONT BUY OR SELL FROM THESE GUYS IN THE VIDEO go to ebay or something.

3. Borsung

Borsung Corporal

another person who should have bought a ps3...sigh!

4. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

well even if he does have to fix the 360, he still saves money.

5. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Are you standing the console vertical or is it on its side horizontal? If its vertical, keep it horizontal as there have been known problems when reading discs this way. Before doing anything drastic, go out and get a can of compressed air and open the drive and blow out some dust. This can do wonders for disc read errors. Also make sure your discs are clean and free of scratches.

If none of the above works, contact Microsoft and see if you're still under warranty. If not you can send it in for repair or do it yourself. Unless you're comfortable with opening one of these up and replacing a drive, I would send it in.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds