msn log on frustration

Discussion in 'Software' started by cyberwil, Feb 20, 2005.

1. cyberwil

cyberwil Private First Class

:mad: :mad: everytime i try to log on to msn messener i recieve an error messege with a code 0x81000303. i found a solution on a google search and the method is : type RegSvr32 Softpub.dll on the run menu and click ok. this seems to be a temporary measure because once i reboot my pc i recieve the same msn logon error messege and i have to type RegSvr32 Softpub.dll again. does anyone have a permanent solution for this problem. also, i use east-tec eraser pro 2004 and window washer 5.5 before i reboot. does this erase the fix? HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP PLEEAASSEEEEEE!!!!!! before i'm tempted to bin this laptop :mad: :mad:

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

This seems to be a very common problem with no clear-cut solution. Make sure your anti-virus is updated and scan for viruses, use a couple of the online scans in the Spyware section to make sure you don't have any of the most common malware. Now, the method below seems to get the best results for error message 81000370 (ver.7.0) and 80072f0d (ver.6.2).

Exit MSN Messenger:

1. Sign-out of MSN Messenger.
    If you see the MSN Messenger icon in the System tray, right click on it and click Exit.

2. Clear the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) state and AutoComplete history. To do this, follow these steps:

Open an IE window
    Click Tools – Internet Options and the Content tab.
    Under Certificates, click Clear SSL State.
    Click OK when you receive the message that the SSL cache was successfully cleared.

3. Reregister DLL files that are associated with Cryptographic Services . To register .dll files that are associated with Cryptographic Services, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run and type: regsvr32 softpub.dll and press enter. Repeat the process with the two files listed below.

wintrust.dll
    initpki.dll

Should work for you, let us know.

Steve

3. cyberwil

cyberwil Private First Class

thanx matacumbie it worked a treat :D :D

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Good news, glad it worked for you. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds