Error 2E. and gamelag ?? slow system ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Storkraft, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Storkraft

Storkraft Private First Class

ok i have a big problem.

i think it began when i lost power to my PC.

well here it is.

it lags alot. in games like wot. i have like 5 fps. ?
    so are most games i have tryed. and since i mostly play on it. this realy sucks.

on my mobo. the MSI 890FXA-GD70, all leds are lighted up.
    like over the ram.shows all 6 cores are running even when i do nothing.,
    and looking at Ctrl-Alt-Del. the cores are not in use,

maybe its a mobo driver ??

it also shows its 34-37c. thats 10c more than ususal. just like that.

and it have showed the message error 2E. at startup several times. so it couldent start.

i have then talked to a friend. and tryed different stuff.
    like i reset the mobo. i have loaded optimal default

i belive the 2E message meens its a grafix card error.

i have the MSI twin frozer2. 6950. and i think its broken or something.

my friend thought it might be the mobo slot.

enyway i took it out. cleaned it. at put it into another slut.the one below the top one. wich then resulted in i had to take out a sata cable. (but i can find a angled one) so now it start up no problem.

but still its lagging and is generally slow ??

eny ideers abotu what have happened ??

or how to fix it ??

please help my great gaming PC is now just a slow office PC.

2. Storkraft

thinking it might be the mobo driver i have just now.
    installed the newest driver. and have flashed the bios. with the newest.

it has not helped. sadly.

i have also gotten Live Update 5. from MSI. and installed most on the list i dident have. but still nothing.

and i do think that the grafix card is also way to hot.and that is why the mobo is hotter also. it dident used to be so hot.

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

"Lag" is a pretty broad ranging term where performance is concerned,there are usually two kinds of performance problems regarding lag which means delay,a delay between your control interface 'how long your mouse cursor takes to react' which is usually constant and a delay with a network gaming server which will vary between various servers,I'm not familiar with the game wot,is it an online multiplayer game:confused

The other performance problem is frame rate or FPS which is the most common problem and usually experienced during heavy graphical loads or complex scenes which sounds like what your experiencing.

Can you provide more information,your operating system,all your computer specs if possible or if you don't know them use a program such as this,create a report and add it as a text file with your next post,if your computer has a model number add that also.

http://majorgeeks.com/Tweaking.com_-_System_Information_d7142.html

Off the bat run this test your need to download net framework if you haven't got it,while running monitor your temps with speedfan,post your max cpu temperature and your Gflop score,also post all your temperatures before you run the test

http://majorgeeks.com/IntelBurnTest_d5987.html

http://majorgeeks.com/G15_SpeedFan_d6294.html

Next download and run this program,again while running monitor your temperatures with speedfan.

http://majorgeeks.com/3DMark_Vantage_d5948.html

Post your scores and temperatures.

Before running the tests check all your fans are spinning and free of dust.

I'm not sure what the error 2E is was this a bluescreen error? Go to control panel,system,adavnced system settings,advanced,startup and recovery set it too small memory dump and uncheck automatically restart.

Go to C:windows/minidump is there a file there dated the time of your last crash if so attach it with your next post.

Also run this test,post the results.

http://majorgeeks.com/MemTest_d350.html

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. Storkraft

well i have low fps. in all games. and windows. i think it slow to reackt some times. wot is a multiplayer online. world of tanks. dosent matter.
    its just becouse its fast and easy. to go in and play just one tank to see how it is. and i know its usualy alot better. and its not that demanding.

i cant even run ages of impires online woithout stuttering. or what you call it.
    i usualy just call it lag. but i guess it is hard to describe. but i think low fps.

i have a program called aida64. and have made a report.
    file:///C:/Users/Storkraft/Dropbox/Aida64%20rapport.htm
    i think it should work.

do you still want me to do the other programs ?

well i guess i get started enyway. cant hurt only help.

the 2E error is displayed on a small screen on the mobo. when it halts on startup. when running normaly it displays the current temp.

5. Storkraft

i do not have the G15 enymore sadly i now have the Corsair K90.

so i could not us ethe program. but the aida64 also have benchmarking and fans. temp it shows all. cant that be used ?

Attached Files:

6. Storkraft

7. Rikky

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=149819.0

It is looking like the video card is the problem,forget the cpu test for the moment,run 3d mark and while its running monitor it with this program it will show your temperature and video card usage,post your temps and usage.

I've posted this because its the simplest to use and interpret when testing just video cards.

http://majorgeeks.com/MSI_Afterburner_d6254.html

I don't use aida,if it has a video card benchmark which is comparable to other video card scores and you know how to use it then fine,the point is to see if the video card is running normally,to see if it is a video card problem to do that you need a score which can be compared to your card when its running normally,post your scores with the aida benchmark and its comparable if you wish.

Have you connected the power connector to your video card if it requires one?Also post the model and spec of your power supply as this could be the problem also.

Got to control panel,system,device manager look for any exclamation marks or crosses,post result.

8. Storkraft

9. Storkraft

i have sene it and i have tryed clearing cmos. and i have tryed flashing it.
    i have as sayd moved it to another slot. sadly i have now found out its not a X16 slot. but now it start op without error. i will try to move it back to original slot.

before testing more i think. and hope it works.

10. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

I use the MSI afterburner It does overclock video cards and can do Speed fan adjustments on your video card.Bye the way are you using windows 7 DX 11 try switching back to DX 9 alot of games have issues with DX 11

11. Storkraft

ok i have now moved it back to the top one.

and it works. nice.. but im beginning to think about another thing.

it is metioned in the 2E error description. power ?

maybe im running low on power ?

i have now taken 2 fans of.

i have my good old 1000watt. northQ but maybe something nin it got destryd in the powerloss. or i have too mush crap in my PC ?

12. Storkraft

i havent had problem with dx before ?
    but will now try the afterburner

13. Rikky

Your power supply should be fine unless its defective,removing fans won't change anything they hardly use any current and your power supply is plenty big enough for your hardware and any fans.

How many times have you have the 2E error?

You need your card in the X16 slot other slots don't have enough bandwidth,

The way I can help is by helping you tests and eliminating problems and causes until only one thing remains,I like to stick to diagnosing and eliminating one component or system so I'd rather not speculate on other components until the video system gets the all clear but to check your C: drive go to my computer and check how much free space your C: drive has.

Are you saying the low FPS is gone after moving the card? In any case I'd like to see a 3dmark score to see how your card compares to similar card scores and to see your temps and GPU usage that's the only way I can know what's going on.

You don't have to diagnose it the way I've suggested its up to you,its just the way I do things:)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  14. Storkraft

well after i moved back. it works. meaning it dosent halt. and say 2E.

but its still slow and hot.

as i rememeber 3d mark2001. was about 4648
    and it had a halt at the begining. sayig it coundent find 128mb memmery to run. but then it ran. enyway. ?

and just now looking at afterburner.

after i have had it shot down all night.temp is 67c. and gpu usage is 99%

i have just started the machine. and is not running other programs.

a friend surgets i start in fail safe and remove the driver and reinstall.
    i will do that i think when i find a program for it.

but im fearing my grafix card is burned out. or something.

and i have 911 GB free space out of 1.36 TB on C:

so it seems the grafix card go strait to 99% gpu usage, from startup.:confused

15. Storkraft

or maybe i just have to bite the granade and reinstall windows, and hope it helps. :banghead

but i will try the driver ting first offcource.

16. Storkraft

ok so great news i think.

i uninstalled the driver.

and restarted and installed the oldest driver with support for win 7.

and not it seems to work. so maybe its the newest driver ?

have others had problems with it ?

and the temp. has fallen to about 30c. before it was about 27c so that close
    and the top leds on mobo are 2 leds blinking, so i hope that was that.

all that trouble for that.. ???

all these days without gaming for that. ??

well i thank you all. for helping. and that afterburner. lets me see whats going on.i would never have found out it was becouce the GPU was at 99% all the time without it.

as a litle update in that regard.

now i have just played a tank. my fps came op to about 60 fps.
    and now in windows when just doing browser and nothing.

GPU temp is 52c. still high. i think but maybe its normal. i think it is.

and GPU usage is like 0-4 %

great. now maybe i should connect some of the fans i have just disconnected. hehe

cant still understand why it happened or what. ?
    but i have tryed all hehe... exept uninstalling the driver and getting a old one

mayeb i should now try and update it. now i know what to do if it dosent work.

again. THANKS. THANKS SO MUSH ALL. ITS REALY APREACIATED.
    :clap

17. Storkraft

after that i tryed a newer driver. beciouse i had to try a the newest again.
    then i installed a wrong one. and win loaded up fine so,so still the 2E error sometimes. but worst it was like all black in windows.not just a negative
    but usualy wery dark and black. i couldent even see enof to uninstall the driver.

and in safe mode. but it aperently couldent in safe mode??
    but then i tryed installing the good old driver. it couldent uninstall or install it needed a seach thing indexing or sometthing.

so then made a system restore. and it worked. for now atleast.

i still think something in it is broken. but for just now it works...

18. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

19. Storkraft

thanks for that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds