Gateway MX6028 Audio Driver Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by beep3rocks, Nov 12, 2008.

1. beep3rocks

beep3rocks Private E-2

Hello all!

I have a Gateway MX6028, and my laptop recently suffered a virus attack that required wiping and reinstalling Windows XP, SP 3. Now my computer works fine, except for the audio driver.

I have tried installing Realtek AC'97, uninstalling and reinstalling.
    I have tried installing Conexant AC-Link, uninstalling and reinstalling.
    I have also tried installing the Chipset: INF Update Utility for 845 Chipset-Based Intel Desktop Boards, then rebooting and installing either the Realtek or Conexant driver, and none of these methods worked.

I will post my most recent Everest report to aid in information, but I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm a music student- audio is my life!

Thanks to all for your help!

Attached Files:

2. beep3rocks

beep3rocks Private E-2

Also, if it's any help, the error message I get when I have installed the audio drivers says: "Driver cannot start (code 10)" and I have no idea what that means. It always brings me to the same troubleshooting page on Microsoft Help.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I think the problem may have something to do with SP3 and it's treatment of KB888111 (the UAA Audio update). Read the info in this post and give it a shot.... let us know how it goes!

[dlb]

(I'm assuming that you've tried this driver from Gateway)

ALERT-ALERT!!!!
    Read this thread!!!! I started thinking about your problem, and then remembered I had a similar nightmare with a Gateway MX6027. If none of the above works, try the exact steps layed out in that thread (including the steps in the article I link to about 'tricking' the driver). When you're ready to tackle it, let me know and if you have trouble acquiring the correct AClink driver, I'll find a way to get it to you!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds