Bsod help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dark_knite03, Feb 16, 2010.

1. dark_knite03

dark_knite03 Private E-2

THis is really messed up ive been getting the Blue Screen of death. So i ran the usual Memtest and Disk Scan fixed all the problem with disk scan. Still can't get Win Vista to Load. So i took the HDD out of another computer and it runs perfect. Tryed reformatting original HDD drive windows will start to load then BSOD death again. Bought 2 new HDD drives and both get to the same point. Why will the HDD with windows, also Vista, installed boot up but the original won't and i can't install a new copy. Bios has been updated to latest version also
    Running

Q6600 Qaud Core 2.4 Not OC
    4GB OCZ Gold Edition PC6400
    XFX 680 LT
    XFX 8600 something vid card

Here is the error code i get

0x0000007e

0xffffffffc000005
    0xfffff800985e251
    0xfffff98000a05b98
    0xfffff98000a05570

Attached Files:

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

So can you actually install windows onto the new drives in the affected computer, or do the BSODs happen during the installation process?

3. dark_knite03

dark_knite03 Private E-2

During the process windows intalls all the files and begins to start for the first time then the BSOD comes up........with the old HDD i got the same thing when i tryed to reformat. What really blows my mind is i took a HDD drive from another PC w/ Vista Ultimate on it and it boots and runs fine.

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Okay, the BSOD you provided earlier is incomplete. It should have a line right near the top like "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" or "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" or something like that.

Can you please find out that line and post it back here?

5. dark_knite03

dark_knite03 Private E-2

With the Original HDD i was getting the IRQL Not Less or Equal

With the new HDD there aren't any lines like that.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

For your stop error message
    Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854226.aspx
    unfortunately everything seems to refer to windows 2000 or older.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds