Acer W500 recovery DVD from USB

Discussion in 'Software' started by akstolle, Apr 3, 2012.

1. akstolle

akstolle Private E-2

Is there any way to load the Acer W500 recovery DVD from USB? I don't have a external DVD drive but I do have one on my other laptop.

2. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Are you trying to reinstall or repair install your OS?

3. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

4. akstolle

akstolle Private E-2

I'm trying to reinstall Windows 7 after trying the windows 8 customer preview.I don't think I can use the Microsoft DVD to USB tool because I have an Acer recovery DVD instead of a normal Windows installation DVD.Is there a tool I can use to move the entire contents of the DVD to a flash drive ?

5. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Ok i dont know anything about the Windows 8 preview, but it seems to me that if it is a preview, there should be an easy way to revert your computer to 7. Somebody that has experience with 8 might speak up soon.

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

How many DVD recovery DVD's do you have? Are there two?

7. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Shouldnt a Windows 8 PREVIEW have some way to get rid of it easily and get you back to your original OS ?

8. akstolle

akstolle Private E-2

There are two disks

9. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I am not sure if this will work, but you can try doing this with either one or preferably two flash drives. You would use the program win2flash. It will ask for the drive that has Windows source files (your disk 1 or 2) and the drive letter or the USB flash drive. Then it will proceed to transfer the files along with any boot info the CD has.

It says it is for installing Windows but I believe you can still use the program to transfer files from the CD to USB and keep the boot sector of the CD.

http://wintoflash.com/home/en/

10. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

NO, the windows 8 preview would make windows seven go away, just like installing windows seven will generaly remove windows vista.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds