New to Forum....have ComboFix Problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Bodhi43, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Bodhi43

Bodhi43 Private E-2

New to forum and need advice. I recently had a blackhole exploit kit blocked by AVG. Mozilla was redirecting me to undesired sites. I used ComboFix for a system restore point. As a result, the scan took longer than usual and quarantined files from drive C. My startup menu and documents files are empty now. I do not know if this blackhole kit is part of the Java news reported recently, but suspect Combofix quarantined all files due to this problem. I knew something was wrong with the scan, but did not interfere with stopping the program in mid-action. I feared all data would be lost. My question is this, can I uninstall ComboFix to undo the damage and remove the quarantine. I hope there is a quick-fix. Otherwise, I will have to re-install a lot of programs and remove all quarantined files from Qoobox in C the hard way. I still have internet access, but AVG is not working properly due to ComboFix.
    I can post logs on request if needed. Programs running on my computer besides AVG are Revo-Uninstaller, System Look, TdssKiller, Malwarebytes, FSS scanner, VLC, Utorrent, and iTunes. I have Windows XP (service pack 3) and 32-bit system.

Please advice before I uninstall and reinstall ComboFix.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds