Don't have an iPod. What is the best legal download site?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jellaboo, Aug 20, 2005.

1. jellaboo

jellaboo Private E-2

I have a Rio mp3 player and I also want to be able to burn CD's. What is the best legal music downloading pay site?

2. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

I think you can use itunes if you dont have an ipod.
    Here are some other sites although i dont use any and dont know which is better\
    www.Napster.com (monthly)
    Windows media player(you can purchase songs with it)
    www.mp3.com
    http://www.rhapsody-music-service.com/download_music.html
    www.walmart.com
    www.mymusicinc.com
    www.freemusicdirect.com

It all depends on what your looking for. If you want to download music look for the cheapest one per song( iam guessing its walmart at $.88)
    If you want streaming music look for that.
    Also if you download lots of music monthly look for somthing like Napstar which you pay only once monthly and can download as much as you want.

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

4. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

I prefer napster, iTunes has a thing where you can download free songs, they have a few different ones every day... other than that i like acidplanet too.

5. Tourangh

Tourangh Master Sergeant

I looked at acidplanet and i havent heard of anyone there.

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

They're up and coming bands. By making their songs available there, they're hoping to generate buzz. Metallica made their bones on bootlegged tapes passed around person to person. This is a high-tech version of that principle. Every band you've heard of started out as nobodies until people like you heard of them.

7. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

do any of the pay sites allow you to download in mp3 format? i'm looking for a site that lets you buy mp3's, which i want to be able to play in winamp, and lets you retain them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds